Re: [Synaptic-devel] Testversion of synaptic 0.50 available

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Testversion of synaptic 0.50 available
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 10:21:50 +0200

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 10:25:52PM +0200, Richard Bos wrote:
> Op donderdag 27 mei 2004 13:17, schreef Michael Vogt:
> I have run into the same problem as reported 3 months ago.  It would be nice
> if the xmlto solution could be used again:
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/synaptic-devel/2004-02/msg00023.html

Ups, I'm sorry. This patch slipped through somehow. I put it into
trunk again.

> I'm not sure, but doesn't have apt problems with detecting that 0.50 is newer
> than 0.50pre1 (etc).  Wouldn't it be better to name the prereleases something
> like 0.49.9[0-9]?

You right. I'll change this next time. But the current source is not
meant for real distribution.

There are still some bugs. Nothing serious so far, but some
glitches. I get "Unable to correct problems, you have held broken
packages." sometimes. I have not yet found why it is reported
(Gustavo, any idea :) ?

bye,
 Michael