Re: [Synaptic-devel] Testversion of synaptic 0.50 available

From: Richard Bos
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Testversion of synaptic 0.50 available
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 22:25:52 +0200

Op donderdag 27 mei 2004 13:17, schreef Michael Vogt:
> We would like to ask for some user testing now. It's fairly stable for
> us already. You can download a tarball from
> http://people.debian.org/~mvo/synaptic/0.50/synaptic-0.50pre1.tar.gz

I have run into the same problem as reported 3 months ago.  It would be nice
if the xmlto solution could be used again:
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/synaptic-devel/2004-02/msg00023.html

I'm not sure, but doesn't have apt problems with detecting that 0.50 is newer
than 0.50pre1 (etc).  Wouldn't it be better to name the prereleases something
like 0.49.9[0-9]?

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless