Re: [Swftools-common] Swftools, PDF and HTML5

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Swftools, PDF and HTML5
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 20:04:09 +0100

>> there is no abrupt change. it's just chatter. no browser is fully
>> supporting html5 yet. and flash is over 98% in penetration whilst js is
>> disabled on many machines. thats the facts.

Browsers are only as good as the Layout Engines that drive them.  Rather
than drone on here, I'll simply let Wikipedia do it for me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_layout_engines_(HTML5)

Those who get highs from nuances of  technicality, can thow caution to
the wind and with joy unbridled, get lost in all the links to RIA' s as well.

Those who just like to cut to the chase rather than read the boring stuff
can try this one:

   http://html5test.com

Yousif Masoud wrote:

> Sorry, I was saying the nature of the change is shocking me.  I meant
>the  way they're trying to induce change has totally surprised me.

I think they call it progress Yousif   Always catches you unawares  ;o)   You
careless drop off and wake to find yourself time-warped to a whole new
dimension.   Wait until you get older.. it goes even faster...

Oh, and incidentally,

   http://www.w3cindia.in/conf-site/conference-index.htm

No registration fee!  Wow!!!  For those of us who are nowhere near there,
what say we organise a 'jolly'??  :o)

Chris.