[Swftools-common] PDF2SWF: Adding Actionscript to hyperlinks created by

From: jan bahnsen
Subject: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF: Adding Actionscript to hyperlinks created by pdf2swf
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 21:59:58 +0100

Hi there..

Because of some special link handling in an application, which
requires linking through of e.g. and advertisers index in a
publication, i am looking for ways to include Actionscript functions
either

a) already within the source PDF file. Although this could also be
done manually, it is a lot of work for each issue, which is why I am
trying to automate this process.

b) to modify the pdf2swf source, so that all links contain not just
the getURL but the AS i want to be included (which would be the
preferable methd).

would b) be possible by simply addding the necessary code to the
pdf2swf source files and recompile?

re a)

What I found out so far is, that it seems to be possible to do so by
using either the externallink command in pdf2swf or by passing
parameters from the pdf to pdf2swf, using pdf2swf:call:….

This seems to be working fine, unless you want to pass on a more
sophisticated function, such as

on (release) {

        if (_global.isMainApp){
                _root.linkTo ("page15.swf");
        }else{
                getURL("page15.swf");
        }

}

Would anyone know how to pass this function for a link from pdf to
swf? Is it also possible by using pdf2swf:call in the PDF? If so, what
would be the correct term?

Thanks in advance for any guidance on this!

Cheers,

Jan Bahnsen