Re: [Swarm-Support] My experience with Leopard and Swarm

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] My experience with Leopard and Swarm
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 23:11:03 -0600

Alessandro Perrone wrote:
Exception caught: /usr/local/swarm2.2/lib/libjavaswarm.1.0.0.jnilib:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: createBegin
       at swarm.SwarmEnvironmentCImpl.createBegin(Native Method)
Well, the dynamic linker isn't finding the Swarm stubs for some reason. It doesn't point to anything by itself -- it seems that the stub dynamic library itself is found. Actually, I wouldn't even bother with Tiger binaries with a new release of MacOS X like this, better to start from source code. With minimal work, hopefully, there's the possibility of a 64 bit version of Swarm on Macs. With Tiger, the main obstacle was the absence of 64 bit X11 client libraries. Presumably they are available now (and 64 bit Java too?)
Marcus