Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm installation problem

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm installation problem
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:43:43 -0500

This is an easy one to fix.

The fix is install a symlink

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 25 Dec 27 15:20 bltGraph.tcl -> /usr/lib/blt2.4/graph.tcl

In the BLT RPM I built, I incorporate it.
blt-2.4z-1fc2

IT seems to me like you would have an easier time if you took my SRPM file for BLT and for Swarm and try to rebuild them with the RPM system. THen think how great it would be, you could share Swarm x86_64 RPMS from your system

If you don't want to, how about creating me an acount where I could make the RPMS and then I could email your administrator to install them??

pj

Julia Cohan wrote:
We are running Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 3 Update 2 WS for the x86_64
platform.  We are trying to install Swarm stable release 2.2.  Looking
through all the documentation, we did not see specific swarm installation
instructions for this operating system.  Has anyone successfully installed
swarm in this OS?  Any help will be appreciated.

Specifically, the install fails at setup of BLT.  We downloaded BLT 2.4z and
have a problem with the bltGraph.tcl. Instructions from Swarm FAQ:BLT say to
use the following symbolic link to fix the error:
ln -sf /usr/lib/blt2.4/graph.tcl /usr/lib/blt2.4/bltGraph.tcl
We continue to get errors.  I see file bltGraph.tcl but not graph.tcl in
/usr/lib/blt2.4.

Julia Cohan
Instructional Technology Support
University at Buffalo