[Swarm-Support] [bug #2877] PATHDELIM of '' causes my cygwin compile to

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: [Swarm-Support] [bug #2877] PATHDELIM of '' causes my cygwin compile to fail
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 03:29:16 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #2877 (project swarm):

My guess why this didn't work is because you used Cygwin Emacs (reasonable)
instead of the native Emacs.  There used to be reliability issues with the
Cygwin emacs, and thus Swarm issued calls to Emacs using DOS sytle pathnames
expecting the native Emacs.

One experiment a person could try would be to change the `configure' script
where the

 if test "$host_os" = cygwin; then

to match for "cygwinx" instead of "cygwin".  If it worked ok for a full build
then the conditional could be dropped in favor of just the "else" values for
Unix.

On the other hand, keeping this kind of logic around can be handy for
conducting builds without Cygwin, for example when doing builds with Mingw.

So the short answer is to force the build behavior you want on Windows by
changing conditionals like this in the configur script.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=2877>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/