Re: [Swarm-Support] re: GM's question about building Swarm on Suse Linux

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] re: GM's question about building Swarm on Suse Linux
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:58:43 -0500

Ah, I see I grew tired of writing directions on my web site for every release. If you look at the pages for FC1 or Redhat9, you would get the idea.

Basically, you need the right version of the Sun j2sdk RPM package and then you install swarm-jdk package I provide.

You can try to install swarm-jdk and it will tell you which Sun j2sdk you are supposed to get.

pj

Giovanni Maniscalco Basile wrote:
Dear Paul,

Thanks for your kindness and sorry for the wrong "object" of my post. I
was a bit confused and just answered to a mail of the group.

As said I was confused after a disk crash. Now nearly everything seems
to work fine.
I installed the RPMs from you directory (2.1.150-2004...i385... etc),
but before I had to uninstall the blt that comes with SuSE 9.1 and
reinstall the one contained in your directory. After that everything
installed smoothly.

But....

When I tried the objc-apps (heatbugs and mousetrap) everything went
fine, but when I tried the java-apps I realized that javacswarm and
javaswarm had not been built by the rpms. In fact the SuSe installation
had not installed the GNU compiler for Java (or any other compiler).

Is there something I can do without uninstallinf everything and
(horror!) reinstalling everything from the beginning?

Thanks again

Gianni Maniscalco

1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504