Re: [Swarm-Support] re: GM's question about building Swarm on Suse Linux

From: Giovanni Maniscalco Basile
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] re: GM's question about building Swarm on Suse Linux
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:49:07 +0200

Dear Paul,

Thanks for your kindness and sorry for the wrong "object" of my post. I
was a bit confused and just answered to a mail of the group.

As said I was confused after a disk crash. Now nearly everything seems
to work fine.
I installed the RPMs from you directory (2.1.150-2004...i385... etc),
but before I had to uninstall the blt that comes with SuSE 9.1 and
reinstall the one contained in your directory. After that everything
installed smoothly.

But....

When I tried the objc-apps (heatbugs and mousetrap) everything went
fine, but when I tried the java-apps I realized that javacswarm and
javaswarm had not been built by the rpms. In fact the SuSe installation
had not installed the GNU compiler for Java (or any other compiler).

Is there something I can do without uninstallinf everything and
(horror!) reinstalling everything from the beginning?

Thanks again

Gianni Maniscalco