RE: [Swarm-Support] question about coloring of the background, and leavi

From: Paul Box
Subject: RE: [Swarm-Support] question about coloring of the background, and leaving paths
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 12:01:52 -0600

Another method used by one of my students here was to have each agent carry a
list of the last five locations that it had inhabited.  Then, as the agent
moved around, and as drawSelfOn was called by the agent (take a look at
simpleOserverBug in the swarm tutorial), it drew itself on the raster, and
then drew its last five locations in increasingly dimmer colors, giving the
appearance of a trail fading into black.

>===== Original Message From Rex Oleson <address@hidden> =====
>Actually I have 2 seperate questions, but they might be related to each
other.

>1)
>  I was wondering how you go about leaving a trail behind and agent. To
demonstrate where he has been? I know I could do this by leaving an object and
setting the color of that object appropriately, but that seem like a lot of
work. I know also that in the termite program and a few others they appear to
use another.