Re: [Swarm-Support] Custom variable in X-axis

From: Paul E. Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Custom variable in X-axis
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 08:24:07 -0500

The EZGraph, as you know, will plot things against time.
To get other kinds of graphs, you use the Graph class and I recall seeing examples when I was working on a review of the Francesco Luna and Benedikt Stefansson's volume (Economic Simulations in Swarm: Agent-Based Modeing and Object Oriented Programming. Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2000), My review is here: http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/4/2/reviews/johnson.html. As I review my notes, I think there were several examples that do what you want, but one I'm pretty sure has it is the one by Corazza and Perrone. If you want to try that against a recent Swarm/gcc, I made an updated version of their program as I worked on that review:

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/OtherPeoplesCode/LunaStefanssonVolume

look for:

corazza-perrone-pj-2001-04-27.tar.gz

luo pi wrote:

Dear everyone,

In my model, I use the Graph class to display some
data during simulation process. I hope that the datum
in X-axis is a custom variable, like 1991, 1992, …,
2000, rather than the system time(0, 1, …, 10,
...,2000, … ). Of course, the custom variable
is an argument, and the data in Y-axis is  a cause
variable.
Maybe you can give me some advices and relative
examples.

Thank you very much!
                                            Patrick.L