Re: [Swarm-Support] Running a model

From: Paul E. Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Running a model
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 22:47:06 -0500

Please make sure you can compile heatbugs and other things in the swarmapps package before you worry about other programs.

Swarm runs fine on many Linux systems, you don't say what kind of system you have. You might want to consult the Swarm FAQ to find out how to ask questions, or find out what you ought to try first:
http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFAQ/SwarmOnlineFaq.html

Now, about your batch question.

WHen  you run heatb ugs like this:

./heatbugs,

then the initSwarm function will cause the GUI mode to be used..

if you run it like this:

./heatbugs -b

then it starts in the non GUI mode. THere is a global variable swarmGUIMode that gets set YES or NO according to how you start the model.

I've got a copy of the updated Swarm tutorial stashed here, you might want to look it over. This one will compile and run with the newer Swarm snapshots. Right now, I have no trouble with 2.1.141 and recently I built an even newer one that I'm testing still.

good luck.

Muhammad Khurram Bashir Bhatti wrote:

Hi!
I have to run a swarm simulation developed by someone who was working before
me. She had modified heatbugs to fit into the model. Now when I run it it
runs without graphics. In the code she said "swarmGUIMode is set in
initSwarm(). It's set to be `false'if you typed `heatbugs --batchmode' or
`heatbugs -b'. Otherwise, it's set to `true'". I want to run it with
graphics and apparently I have to set it in initSwarm(). How can I do that?
Also heatbugs simulation doesn't run on my machine.
Khurram