j2sdk1.4.1

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: j2sdk1.4.1
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 19:56:54 +0200

        Hi all,

a good news: I'd problem running javaSwarm in RH 7.2 or RH 7.3 using Paul Johnson RPM files (thanks, John): all applications were crashing as soon as they were starting.

Upgrading today to the new j2sdk distribution from java.sun.com (version 1.4.1), all the problems disappeared.

I've used the j2sdk-1_4_1-linux-i586.bin file (not the rpm one) executing it as root and moving the resulting j2sdk1.4.1 directory to /usr/local/

        Finally I've linked the new dir with
        ln -sf j2sdk1.4.1/ j2sdk1.4.0

        All the best, Pietro

---
The world is full of interesting problems to be solved!
Home page http://web.econ.unito.it/terna