Re: Swarm on OsX - new gcc

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: Swarm on OsX - new gcc
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 12:15:54 -0700

Hi Alex,

There are still some files that are being compiled with the NeXT runtime; those are the references to objc_msgSend, objc_msgSendSuper, and objc_msgSend_stret. My suggestion is to go through all of the swarm libraries to determine which library has the reference; that directory may not be getting the "-fgnu-runtime" flag during the compile. You should be able to go into each .libs directory and run nm on the llibrary file, something like this:

nm libactivity.a | grep msgSend

For the Control* variables, look in the simtoolsgui.xm file; I believe they should be defined in that file. If you don't see them there, do a "make headers" in the simtoolsgui directory to re-create the file; maybe it did not generate the file properly.

cheers
Scott