misshaps on RedHat and Slackware

From: Sylvester Zafiroff
Subject: misshaps on RedHat and Slackware
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 09:58:26 -0400

Hi Paul:

Recently I had a chance to download and attempt compiling swarm – a
package I am interested in – or at lease the description thereof.

You receive this mail because from the place I work (client site) I
don’t have the luxury to post messages to user groups; I realize how
busy you probably are, and therefore would appreciate your feedback; if
find it appropriate, post it on swarm.support user group on my behalf.

Having great respect to RedHat, I’d say that there are other decent
Linux distributions; please correct me if I am wrong, but it seems
SWARM is designed, built and supported targeting RedHat distribution;
and this somehow restricts the usage and dare to say, the development
of it.

Anyway, being Linux maniac, I have both RedHad 7.1 and Slackware 8.0 on
separate machines; the attachment contains something like a log of my
experience on these machines (it is saved on MS DOS machine (Win 2000
Pro)); this mail is getting too long, so I’d appreciate your advise on
the matter.

Thank you.