Re: tcl/tk error in RedHat 7.3

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: Re: tcl/tk error in RedHat 7.3
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 22:29:47 +0200

        Dear Paul,

I've installed jikes form RH CD, but the tcl/tk error is not fixed. Now my sequence is:
address@hidden jheatbugs-2001-03-28]$ export SWARMHOME=/usr

address@hidden jheatbugs-2001-03-28]$ make
/usr/bin/javacswarm Heatbug.java HeatCell.java HeatSpace.java
HeatbugModelSwarm.java  HeatbugObserverSwarm.java StartHeatbugs.java
HeatbugBatchSwarm.java

address@hidden pt]$ cd swarmApps/jheatbugs-2001-03-28
address@hidden jheatbugs-2001-03-28]$ javaswarm StartHeatbugs
(Tcl -eval:) syntax error in expression " $tcl_version >= 8.0 "
    while executing
"if { $tcl_version >= 8.0 } {

address@hidden jheatbugs-2001-03-28]$ eval javaswarm
_JAVASWARM_LIBPATH="/usr/lib/swarm::/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/jre/lib/"
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=":/usr/lib:/usr/lib/swarm:/usr/X11R6/lib:"
CLASSPATH=".:/usr/share/swarm/swarm.jar:/usr/share/swarm/kawa.jar:/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/jre/lib/rt.jar:"
export _JAVASWARM_LIBPATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH CLASSPATH

        Terrible, Pietro