Re: Rif: Re: Help with libtk8.3

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: Re: Rif: Re: Help with libtk8.3
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 11:06:11 -0500

"Marcus G. Daniels" wrote:

> RB> syntax error in expression " $tcl_version >= 8.0 "
> RB> while executing "if { $tcl_version >= 8.0 } { set cmd blt::drag&drop }
>
> Well, I have a source build of Swarm on Redhat 7.1 that works fine.
> What do you get from:
>
>   rpm -qa | egrep '^tcl-|^tk-|^blt-'
>
> I get tcl8.3.1-53, tk-8.3.1-53, and blt-2.4u-4.  Of course, if you are using
> Paul's RPMs, the question is what he has...  I wonder if you don't have
> extra stuff in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH or that other Tcl/Tk shared libraries
> aren't getting picked up somehow.
I have the stock tcl/tk/blt on my system.

The rpm --force command has not been used on that system, has it?

I have no idea what libraries could be missing from that system to cause
this problem.  I have used the rpms on several systems, they run OK, and
I've gotten emails from some other users who are OK too.  So I'm sorry,
I have no answer.

In the RPMS I made yesterday (version 2.1.94.20010726) I inserted RPM
requirements for zlib-devel and glibc-devel because of problems
unearthed by this user's experience.  When/if this ever gets fixed, I
bet I have one more to add.