Re: Time management in Swarm

From: pauljohn
Subject: Re: Time management in Swarm
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 06:51:28 -0500

Olivier Jauze wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how the time is manage in Swarm.
>
> This is my aim :
> suppose the simulation begin at the 1 January of this year, it is the time
> 0 for the globals environment (Globals.env) .
> If I want to insert an event in the ModelSwarm at the 15 February of this
> same year, what is the way to do that ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Olivier JAUZE
> INRA unité URH équipe SP
> Centre de Theix

Time in swarm is discrete steps. So your simulation itself determines
the meaning of a time step according to how things are scheduled.  Then
you can insert actions into a schedule at a timestep of your choice.
Recently Marcus Daniels make up an example of a model with an hourly
schedule:
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/WorkingExampleCode/objc/ScheduleTimeOfDay.txt

We are getting a pretty big set of small working examples, maybe you can
dig through there for more insights.