Re: Q: createFActionForEachHeterogeneous$call

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Q: createFActionForEachHeterogeneous$call
Date: 04 Jul 2001 22:46:58 -0600

IG> I have changed the createFActionForEachHomogeneous$call for the
IG> heterogeneous version as you said. In the Reference Guide for
IG> Swarm I cannot find any difference between the calling to both
IG> methods. So I suppossed the only thing I needed to change was the
IG> name of the method in it self. Obviously it doesn't work. I can
IG> run it step by step (that is why I thought it worked), but cannot
IG> start it with the start button.  It aborts the program immediately
IG> before of executing the first step.

I suggest that you make separate getObject and putObject methods in
SocialAgent.  These methods should check that the requested x and y
postions are within range.  If they are not, abort the simulation
(and then prevent that condition by other means) or force the values
into range before calling getObjectAtX$Y and putObject$atX$Y.