Re: Storing data in hdf format

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Storing data in hdf format
Date: 26 Jun 2001 15:25:14 -0600

PJ> Could not find constructor for `InnerClassHDFDemo$DataRecord'

Hmmm.  Think about an inner class that uses several variables from its
containing class.  You take an instance of that class which references
those outside values and save and reload just the chunk without regard
to resolving the references.  In effect, you are tearing a heart of a
body and then expecting that it will keeping beating...

So, while I can do some tricks in JavaProxy to make it _look_ like it
worked (Kaffe does), I'm inclined to say it is just a bad idea to even
try to make it work.

I'd suggest changing my previous example by moving the `DataRecord'
class outside of the primary class InnerClassHDFDemo.