Re: GNU Java Compiler and Swarm

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: GNU Java Compiler and Swarm
Date: 21 Jun 2001 12:30:14 -0600

PJ> 1. Is the objective-C patch we had been applying to gcc to make
PJ> the warnings go away still needed/useful?

That patch wasn't installed.  The other problems that were introduced during
GCC 3.0 development seem to be gone, though.  Once Stan Shebs (the
Objective-C compiler maintainer) has got GCC 3.1 working with MacOS X
(his job), I'll see if that patch can be installed in some form.  I don't
except he'll put much priority on these cross-platform bugs until things
have settled down from 3.0 and MacOS X has usable compiler from stock sources.

PJ> On the java end of things, do I understand it right that libgjc is
PJ> now distributed with gcc itself, so it is not a separate thing
PJ> anymore?

Yes, it's in the GCC 3.0 install.

Note: W.r.t. my previous message, I was using my usual GCC 2.95 build
and then compiling gcjswarm.so with GCC 3.0 after the build of Swarm
itself with GCC 2.95.  I'm having some kind of startup problem when I
build everything with GCC 3.0 on Redhat 7.1.  It may be OS specific, I
don't know...