Re: gdb question...

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: gdb question...
Date: 20 Feb 2001 10:49:00 -0800

KG> guts of the swarm library. Rather than seeing my model
KG> statements execute, which is what I'd like to see.

NEN> Maybe setting breakpoints in your model statements to interrupt the
NEN> execution of the program would help? Once it is interrupted, you can
NEN> step through the lines of your code.

I concur, most models won't have that many createActionTo messages and
simply setting a breakpoint at the top of each method named by the
selector argument will show you what is going on pretty quick.  You
can set different commands to run on different breakpoints with the
`commands' command, including the `continue' command to restart
execution.

If you want, you can identify what line numbers to set breakpoints
for Action calls by looking at the different -_performAction_ methods
in src/activity/Action.m.  Doing this, you'll track all Actions
that Swarm issues.