Re: internal error & memory

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: internal error & memory
Date: 10 Feb 2001 07:56:13 -0800

SS> They occured when my model ran for quite a long time (around 60000
SS> time steps). Until now I couldn't reproduce the crashes with
SS> simplier programs.

SS> 1.)  /src/kaffe-1.0.5/kaffe/kaffvm/mem/gc-mem.c:674: failed
SS> assertion 'mem->size % gc_pgsize == 0'

My guess is that you're running out of physical memory.  To watch
that, on Windows NT/2k, you can press Control-Alt-Del and get the task
manager, and then select `Performance'.  If that's not the case, you
might install Sun JDK 1.3 and run the model under `jdkswarm'.

SS> 2.)  Internal error: caught an unexpected exception. Please check
SS> your CLASSPATH and your installation.  java/io/IOException:
SS> Couldn't extract data from jar: Decompression failed

The `jar' program distributed with that version of Kaffe doesn't work
right.  Use the one in JDK 1.3 or upgrade Kaffe.