R-1.2.0 (Win) and hdf5

From: Norberto Eiji Nawa
Subject: R-1.2.0 (Win) and hdf5
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 10:56:25 +0900

A little bit off topic for this list, but I guess there are some
R/hdf5 users there, and I suppose Marcus is the author of the hdf5
library for R (right?).

Has anyone tried using R-1.2.0 (Win) and hdf5?

It accuses "Error in list("do_hdf5load", hdf5load("trial5.hdf"),
<environment>, "trial5.hdf", TRUE) : first argument must be a
pathname". I tried to check the source code, but I am clueless...

I just first want to make sure that there is something (it works
perfectly for R-1.1.1, but R-1.2.0 supposedly implements a
'"generational" garbage collector' that will avoid the app running out
of memory).

Thanks!

Eiji