Swarm with Forte 4 Java link problem

From: Bohdan Durnota
Subject: Swarm with Forte 4 Java link problem
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:18:03 +1100

Guys,

I decided to have a go using Sun's Forte for Java (Community Edition, v 2.0) as my IDE to build Java-based Swarm applications. However, I've been encountering a link error, and was hoping there might be someone out there who has given forte4java a go with Swarm.

I create a new project, point to Sun's jdk1.3 vm and swarm.jar [I am also pointing to colt.jar and ptolemy.jar for other needed functionality]. I also mount the directory in which I have my (swarmish) java packages, to that the path works OK. When I try to execute my main class I get the message:

Exception caught: no javaswarm in java.library.path
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: initSwarm
        at swarm.SwarmEnvironment.initSwarm(Native Method)
        at complexibotics.applications.StartQN.main(StartQN.java:12)
Exception in thread "main"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bohdan Durnota (Complexibotics)