Re: Error with lists

From: David Aliaga
Subject: Re: Error with lists
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 20:06:07 -0800 (PST)

Hello:

Thank you for the commentaries. It seems that after a
night sleep everything seems clear so I found that the
mistake was droping the list, because it is an
Instance variable of an object and not a temporal
variable. so it seems the "drop everything" rule is
not true after all. So until now
I think this is the way:

@interface objeto:SwarmObject
{ id <List> listb;
}
-methodX
@end
@implementation objeto
-methodX
{ id <List> lista;

lista=[List create:[self getzone]];

listb=[List create:[self getZone]];

// other stuff here

[lista drop] // It is ok!
[listb drop] // It is Wrong!

}
@end

by the way in the example of Marcus:
> #import <simtools.h>
> #import <collections.h>
>
> int
> main (int argc, const char **argv)
> {
>   initSwarmBatch (argc, argv);
>
>   { id<List> list=[List create:globalZone];
>
>     [list deleteAll];
>   }
>   return 0;
> }

WHY there is no a [list drop]
at the end? (I ask this because in Heatbugs in the
HeatSpace.m file method findExtremeType.. there is a
[heatList drop] even after the [heatList deleteAll]
that is supposed to drop all the elements of the list

David