Re: FCallImpl

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: FCallImpl
Date: 31 Dec 2000 19:21:31 -0800

FW> There is also an assignment to 'actionForEach' in the
FW> heatbug example of which understand the purpose because it is
FW> never used anywhere else.

It's used in the syncUpdateOrder so that the user can switch between
randomized and sequential processing of the set of actions.  (The
foreach Action is embedded in the modelActions by virtue of being created.)

FW> I tried to apply it to the SimpleObserverBug tutorial example but
FW> I just get a crash and no further message.

You should be able to run:

$ JAVASWARMGDB=gdb javaswarm SimpleObserverBug
(gdb) run
(gdb) bt

to see where it dies..  If you want people to be able to reproduce
what you describe, either put up a new archive of the modified program,
or (better), make a diff between the two:

$ diff -c -r SimpleObserverBug SimpleObserverBug-new > out

and post `out' with the URL of the original program.