Christmas wishes

From: Sven N. Thommesen
Subject: Christmas wishes
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 14:57:50 -0600

This post has two purposes:

First, as a member of the board of the Swarm Development Group, I would like to wish all Swarm users out there a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year! We at Swarm.org continue to believe that agent based modelling is a very useful addition to the research toolkit in many various fields, and that Swarm is an excellent tool in the kit. We greatly appreciate all your support and feedback in the past year. We hope you will continue to give us more of both, and that Swarm will be even more useful to you in 2001 than it has been this year.

Second, as a member of the Swarm user community, I hope that everyone will join me in wishing a particularly good Christmas to the one person without whose tireless efforts Swarm would be a much less useful package -- Marcus Daniels! He implements new technologies at the drop of a hat, he whips up sample programs in his sleep, he puts up with demanding users who have the most obscure debugging needs, he leaps tall buildings in a single leap! Well, even without your Superman suit on, Marcus, you do pretty darn good work. A heartfelt Happy New Year to you!

Sven Thommesen