Re: initSwarmArguments()

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: Re: initSwarmArguments()
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 12:13:26 -0600

The initSwarm dot dot dot thingies in Objective-C are just C macros and
there are about six different flavors of these. See /simtools/simtools.h
for the source. The macros are 'wrappers' around the following method in
simtools.m:

void
_initSwarm_ (int argc, const char **argv, const char *appName,
      const char *version, const char *bugAddress,
      Class argumentsClass,
      struct argp_option *options,
      int (*optionFunc) (int key, const char *arg),
      BOOL forceBatchMode,
      BOOL inhibitExecutableSearchFlag)

So this might give you an indication of why there was a need for the
macros in the first place.

In the Java API the necessary functionality has essentially been captured
a single method in the Globals.env class called initSwarm().  See:

http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm/swarmdocs/refbook-java/swarm/SwarmEnvironment.html

In heatbugs for example the initSwarm() method is called as:

Globals.env.initSwarm ("jheatbugs", "2.1", "address@hidden",
args);

As for what initSwarm does, see Paul's user manual.

--Benedikt

Charles Staelin wrote:

> I've been looking through Paul's simpleObserverBug3.  I
> don't see that there is any analog to initSwarmArguments()
> in the Java API.  Correct?
>
> Charles

> Charles Staelin                email: address@hidden
> Department of Economics
> Smith College                  phone: (413) 585-3621
> Northampton, MA 01063            fax: (413) 585-3393

Benedikt Stefansson      | address@hidden
CASA, Inc.               | Ph : (505) 988-8807 x101
Santa Fe, NM 87501       | Fax: (505) 988-3440