Re: Computer Simulation of malaria - vector-borne diseases

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: Computer Simulation of malaria - vector-borne diseases
Date: 21 Apr 1999 21:06:09 -0600

NN> Hello William, I am not pretty sure about this, but I think Chuck
NN> Taylor, John Carnahan et al's work at UCLA may be of your
NN> interest. Unfortunately, I dont have any pointers to journals or
NN> web sites, but here is the title of Carnahan's presentation at the
NN> Swarmfest'99: "Simulation modelling of mosquito disperal in West
NN> Africa".

Another reference:

John Carnahan, Song gang Li, Carlo Costantini, Yeya T. Toure, and
       Charles E. Taylor.  Computer Simulation of Dispersal by
       Anopheles Gambiae s.l. in West Africa.  In Christopher Langton
       and Katsunori Shimohara, editors, Artificial Life V:
       Proceedings of the Fifth International Workshop on the
       Synthesis and Simulation of Living Systems, Complex Adaptive
       Systems series, pages 387-394, Boston, 1997. MIT Press.

 --- Alex

--
  Alex Lancaster           |  e-mail: address@hidden
  Swarm Program            |     web: http://www.santafe.edu/~alex