Re: Computer Simulation of malaria - vector-borne diseases

From: Norberto Eiji Nawa
Subject: Re: Computer Simulation of malaria - vector-borne diseases
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 20:01:45 +0900

Hello William,

I am not pretty sure about this, but I think Chuck Taylor, John
Carnahan et al's work at UCLA may be of your interest. Unfortunately,
I dont have any pointers to journals or web sites, but here is the
title of Carnahan's presentation at the Swarmfest'99: "Simulation
modelling of mosquito disperal in West Africa".

Hope it helps and good luck!

Eiji

William> Help! (This is probably not where to place this)
William> Does anyone know of any computer simulations (articles, packages,
William> environments, etc.) of malaria or similar vector-borne diseases?
These may
William> handle the biology of malaria or its dynamics.  (I do not currently
mind
William> what particlular kind of models they are based on -- epidemiological,
William> biological, etc.)
William> Any ideas on where to look (including journal leads)?
William> Thanks alot,
William> William.