Re: wierd random number behavior

From: Theodore C. Belding
Subject: Re: wierd random number behavior
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 15:47:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hi-
I think you said you're using slackware?  Which isn't package-based?  If
so, go over to http://egcs.cygnus.com/ and download and install
egcs-1.1.2. It's pretty painless:

./configure
make
[make a cup of coffee and read the paper]
make install

That should install everything in /usr/local/. Then you just need to set a
symlink to use the egcs gcc:

ln -s /usr/local/<egcs-path>/bin/gcc /usr/local/bin/gcc

To make sure what version of gcc you're using to compile Swarm, just do:
gcc -v

(If you don't want to get rid of gcc 2.8.1, you might have to set
CC to /usr/local/bin/gcc when you compile Swarm.)

You might have to add additional configure options when you compile egcs
if you want threads and shared libraries. Take a look at the docs.
-Ted

--
Ted Belding                               address@hidden
University of Michigan Program for the Study of Complex Systems