Re: Using indexes [Solaris 2.6, Swarm 1.2]

From: Michael Whidden
Subject: Re: Using indexes [Solaris 2.6, Swarm 1.2]
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 13:38:53 -0400

I avoid the 'atOffset' loop, because a quick look at the
code (I use Swarm 1.1) shows that it is very inefficient in a loop.
(It allocs memory, scans the whole list up to offset 'i', and then
releases the memory.)
An index loop is much faster.  Try one of the latter two.

--
 Michael Whidden                   Lockheed Martin Information Systems
 Phone: (781) 505-9542             Advanced Simulation Center