Re: Anyone installed Drone and Expect on Win95?

From: donalson
Subject: Re: Anyone installed Drone and Expect on Win95?
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 01:28:06 -0700

I wish I knew the exact syntax but basically you have to  specify gcc on the
command line.  Two examples from my unix install are:

./configure --disable-shared
--with-tclobjcdir=/home/donalson/swarm13/packages/tclobjc-1.4

I am sure that there is one for gcc as well/

If you have access to a Unix system maybe you can do a "man" on "configure".
It is unfortunate that Cygwin doesn't implement "man".

Good Luck,

   D3

Kerimcan Ozcan wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am trying to install Drone on Win95 (with Cygwin32 B19). This program
> requires Expect to be installed prior to installing Drone. Now, I attempted
> to install Expect on my machine. However, I got stuck at the ./configure
> stage where the error message looks like this:
>
> configuring Expect 5.28.1
> checking host system type... cc: not found
> configure: error: can not guess host type; you must specify one
>
> I got totally confused when I opened the configure file. I guess the
> configure file has to be modified so as to accept gcc instead of cc. I
> couldn't quite understand how to do this where the only relevent line of
> code was:
>
> CC = @CC@
>
> Not only that but the error message also seems to complain about host type
> and I am quite clueless as to how to proceed on that issue.
>
> In short, has anyone on the list installed Expect and Drone on Cygwin32 B19
> to be used with Swarm 1.3 Win95? If yes, how?
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Kerimcan Ozcan
> U of Michigan

* Doug Donalson                 Office: (805) 893-2962
* Ecology, Evolution,           Home:   (805) 961-4447
* and Marine Biology            email address@hidden
* UC Santa Barbara
* Santa Barbara Ca. 93106
*
*   The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that
*   heralds new discoveries, is not "EUREKA" (I have found it) but
*   "That's funny ...?"
*
*       Isaac Asimov
*