Re: Colors

From: Paul E. Johnson
Subject: Re: Colors
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 12:12:42 -0500

You don't say what OS you use.  If you are in unix/linux, there is this
file that lists them:

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb.txt

There are a few decent programs that can help with this. I think
"xcolorsel" worked the best for me before all my computers started
crashing :)

I recall also that the web page editor in netscape could be used as a
color browser.

Paul Johnson

Kerimcan Ozcan wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Could someone tell me where I can find all the color names (i.e., the
> character constants such as "black", "red") that are supported by the
> Colormap object. Also, I'd really appreciate any help on how to mix Red,
> Green, and Blue colors to cover the entire color spectrum (i.e. which
> proportions to use to change continuously from one end of the color
> spectrum to the other).
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Kerimcan Ozcan
> Doctoral Pre-Candidate in Marketing
> University of Michigan Business School
> Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
> http://www-personal.umich.edu/~kozcan/ozcan.html

Paul E. Johnson                         email: address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science              http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn
University of Kansas                    Office: (785) 864-9086
Lawrence, Kansas 66045                  FAX: (785) 864-5700