Q: Collections?

From: Eric Werk
Subject: Q: Collections?
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 22:51:04 +0100

Hi All!

Thanks for your help installing SWARM-1.3 on IRIX-6.4 -- it works just
fine, now!

Now that I have delved into the HelloWorld, Tutorial and HeatBug swarms,
I'm feeling ready to do my own model building. For this model, I'd like to
have a queue where the elements come out most-important-first
(PriorityQueue, I think its called).  Would that be the OrderedSet? There
is an odd comment in collections.h about not using OrderedSet...

I don't think it would be to hard to make what I want myself, just using
SwarmObject as my superclass (so I get Zone-ability, etc) but I would
rather reuse someone else' code! :-)

Is there a graphical representation of the whole Class tree, with short
explanations of the merrits and limitations of each class? That would sure
make it easier to figure out which to use! I can almost visualize the
collection group of classes, but thats just one drop (or perhaps a splash)
in the sea of classes in swarms include/ directory... I think i might
drown! :-)

Thanx for your advice.