Re: Help with installation, please

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: Help with installation, please
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 14:10:44 -0800

Hi Bret,

>In file included from ../swarm/include/Tk.h:27,
>                 from ../swarm/include/tkobjc/TkExtra.h:8,
>                 from ../swarm/include/tkobjc.h:15,
>                 from ../swarm/include/space/Value2dDisplay.h:6,
>                 from ../swarm/include/space.h:9,
>                 from Heatbug.h:9,
>                 from Heatbug.m:13:
>../swarm/include/Tcl.h:27: objc/Object.h: No such file or directory
>In file included from ../swarm/include/Tcl.h:29,
>                 from ../swarm/include/Tk.h:27,
>                 from ../swarm/include/tkobjc/TkExtra.h:8,
>                 from ../swarm/include/tkobjc.h:15,
>                 from ../swarm/include/space/Value2dDisplay.h:6,
>                 from ../swarm/include/space.h:9,
>                 from Heatbug.h:9,
>                 from Heatbug.m:13:
>../swarm/include/tclObjc.h:27: objc/objc.h: No such file or directory
>make: *** [Heatbug.o] Error 1

This would seem to indicate that GCC is not installed correctly; the error
is not directly with Swarm because GCC should *know* where to find the ObjC
header files, they are part of GCC itself.

To figure out this problem we need some additional information, the best
thing is to run make and have GCC give information about where it things
files are stored, the "-v" parameter does this:

make CC="gcc -v"

This should spit out a bunch of information when it compiles about search
directories, predefinitions, and etc.  Plus cut/paste this stuff into an
email so that we can analyze.

thanks
Scott