Swarm coding question: M( x ) only accepts id returns?

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Swarm coding question: M( x ) only accepts id returns?
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 17:10:33 -0600 (CST)

I have a method that returns an integer and takes 4 arguments.

Calls like this work fine:

      [aVoter report: 10 W:15 Y:20 Z:100];

However, I'm trying to make the SWARM modelactions regime function, so I
try:

[modelActions createActionForEach: voterList    message: M(report: 1 W:1
Y: 50 Z: 50)];

This causes the compiler to fail.  Error:

ModelSwarm.m:89: parse error before `1'

Since I don't understand very well some fundamentals about the
virtue of object orientation, I'm not understanding very well what I
should do.

Paul Johnson

PS.  I just replaced Afterstep with WindowMaker (it has nice features,
imposes less system demand than Enlightenment, and will be consistent
with GNUstep if it ever finalizes).  It is nice, but takes some
tricks to setup. I wrote up the easy guide, if you care to look, you
can tell me if this helps you.
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/linux/wminstall.html