Graph-0.2 error

From: bleydorf
Subject: Graph-0.2 error
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 17:13:22 -0500

All,
I know Manor is "being all he can be" (for the next year), and I know he
would be the best person to ask this, but...
I tried to make graph-0.2 and got an error:

DiGraphNode.m:33:
    label undeclared
and at DiGraphNode.m:47:

I checked DiGraphNode.h and it was declared there, and yet it still
doesn't recognize it.

I also have scores of other graph questions which I sent 2 weeks ago, in
case you missed them last time, here they are:
(I really appreciate any help you can offer...)

> To get the graphLib to compile in Swarm 1.0.2, I had to change the line
> in diGraphNode.m which set the node's x and y position (randomly) to:
> "nodeItem = [[[[nodeItem setX: [uniformIntRand getIntegerWithMin:
> 0             withMax: [canvas getWidth]] Y:
> [uniformIntRand                     getIntegerWithMin: 0 withMax:
> [canvas getHeight]]]..."
> Is this OK to do? (it compiled afterward).
>
> Are other Node shapes easy to implement (other than oval or rectangle)?
> How do you make new ones?
>
> What does:
> [nodeItem setMoveSel: M(agreeX: Y:)];
> and
> [nodeItem setPostMoveSel: M(updateLinks)];
> do?
>
> I would assume that -makeLinkTo creates a link directed from the "self"
> node to the otherNode, while -makeLinkFrom does the oposite.
>
> What is the difference between:
> -makeLinkTo, -addTo, and -linkedTo?
>
> and What is the difference between
> -makeLinkFrom, -addFrom, and -linkedFrom?
>
> I would assume that -redistribute, repositions all the nodes on a canvas
> randomly, right?
>
> What changes do I need to make to the bank Demo to get it to compile on
> Swarm 1.0.2, or 1.0.3?

thanks,
brad.