Re: socket

From: Peter Bruhn
Subject: Re: socket
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 00:51:35 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Kevin Allen wrote:

> I am attempting to compile heatbugs with swarm 1.0.0
> the compilation cannot link to socket
> what is this library, do I need it and where can I find it
> I have searched my system for the file/directory with no luck.
> I am running sunos 4.1.3 on a sparc
> heres hoping
> Kevin Allen

I have had a similar problem. You don't need it if you compile swarm
yourself.  If you get the binary version, it doesn't work without the
library.

So, get the swarm source, edit Makefile.conf to:
   SYS=sunos
   SYSDEPLIBS=
   LDCONFIG=archive
and type 'make' to compile swarm. Then you can compile heatbugs without
socket.

Peter

|305 E White St, Apt 3 ****** (217) 398-3721|
|Champaign, IL 61820-4232 *** address@hidden|