Add to mailing list

From: Tim Jares
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 1997 14:01:15 -0800

Please add me to your support mailing list.  I've recently downloaded
swarm and have successfully (I think) installed in on RedHat Linux 4.1.

For the benefit of others, the most I had some difficulty getting
the tcl/tk/blt stuff to work.  RedHat 4.1 comes with tcl7.6 and
tk4.2.  I thought that was causing my problems, so I removed them
and installed 7.5/4.1.

It turns out my problem, which showed up as
'tclLoadDl.o (.text+0x43): undefinded reference to 'dlopen'
etc...
was due to the "dynamic load functions" in tcl7.5 and later.  When
I reconfigured tcl with the "--disable load" switch, I was able
to resolve the problem.

The sample applications now seem to run.

My e-mail is address@hidden