Re: updating Tcl/Tk, etc.

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: updating Tcl/Tk, etc.
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 17:56:19 -0600

> Hi-
> There was some discussion a while ago on whether people using Swarm should
> be required to update to the newest versions of Tcl/Tk, etc.  There's a
> thread on news://comp.lang.tcl related to this, with the following subject:
> GNU configure tricks for finding tcl/tk/tix incs/libs?
>
> (Personally I think the Swarm team has enough to do without having to worry
> about what version of Tcl/Tk is installed.  And it's easy enough both to
> install new versions of Tcl/Tk as well as to keep them separate from older
> versions that I personally don't care very much, either way).
> -Ted

Ted,
thanks for the pointer.  I'd be interested in how people feel
about this.  But, on a brighter note, I think I've got the
fixes required for using Swarm with Tcl 7.5 and Tk 4.1  (and
maybe 7.6 4.2, also).  But, I'm not sure just yet.  And I
haven't put hooks in for using either, yet, which I'd like to
do so that we don't *force* anyone to upgrade after *forcing*
everyone to maintain the older versions.

glen