Re: GUISwarm (3)

From: Manor Askenazi
Subject: Re: GUISwarm (3)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 00:34:15 -0600

Hi Stuart,

>  I have a base class (bug) and a class that inherits the base (heatbug)
>  bug has a data element "Name" that I would like to monitor with a
>  probe on the heatbug.  I only seem to be able to view the elements in the
>  probe that are in that instances class.  I am using the button callback
>  create probe message as implemented in the heatbug example.
>
>  I tried to do this but no luck:
>
>  in heatbug createBegin:
>   [probeMap addProbe: [probeLibrary getProbeForVariable: "Name"
>             inClass: [super class]]];

This will probably work:

  [probeMap addProbe: [probeLibrary getProbeForVariable: "Name"
                      inClass: [self superClass]]];

As for the other problem:

>  I also tried to overide Object2d.makeProbeAtX:
>   [probeDisplayManager createProbeDisplayFor: [super obj]];

Try this:

   aProbeDisplay = [ProbeDisplay createBegin: [self getZone]] ;

   [aProbeDisplay setProbedObject: obj] ;
   [aProbeDisplau setProbeMap:
     [probeLibrary getProbeMapFor: [obj superClass]]] ;

   aProbeDisplay = [aProbeDisplay createEnd];

Regards,

Manor.