Re: problem on Linux

From: Carl Lipo
Subject: Re: problem on Linux
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 09:27:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I dont know if this is related but I compiled the new Swarm release on
Linux with gcc-2.7.2 and all the other required pieces (penitum, Slackware
3.0, kernel 2.0.0, 32 megs RAM, tk4.0, tcl7.4, blt2.1, libtclobjc-1.1b4,
libXpm.3.4f-ELF).  Everything compiled and linked just fine (Earlier in
the summer, I sucessfully compiled and ran and have been developing for
the May release on the same machine).  When I run any of the apps,
however, I get this message:

error: TkExtra (instance)
$msg
    while executing
"error $msg"
    invoked from within
"if [file exists $tk_library/tk.tcl] {
            source $tk_library/tk.tcl
        } else {
            set msg "can't find $tk_library/tk.tcl; perhaps you "
            append  ..."
Abort (core dumped)

I have tried relinking all of the the libraries, checking the paths to the
tk/tcl libraries but have had no luck. The Swarm libraries compile just
fine, the test tcl/tk apps run fine, the Swarm apps compile w/o any
complaint but they just won't run. Is this a similar problem to the one
mentioned by Luciano?

Carl
Carl Lipo                       VOX:    206.543.7712
Department of Anthropology      FAX:    206.543.3285
Box 353100                      PAGER:  206.907.2037
University of Washington        EMAIL:  address@hidden
Seattle, WA  98195-3100         WWW:    http://weber.u.washington.edu/~clipo