Please, Help me out!!

From: Naga C. Krothapalli
Subject: Please, Help me out!!
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 17:21:17 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Group

I am having a unique problem with my simulation design. I am trying to
simulate a intelligent manufacturing system using swarm. I have parts,
machines and transporting devices  which will communicate with each other.

I have created classes for each of the above ones. Instances of parts and
machines are created in the Model swarm. Now here is the problem. A part
is trying to communicate with a machine and part is unable to recognize
the instance of Machine. All the instances of parts are put in a list
and all the instaces of machines are put in another list. The code is
written in the Part class to send a message to Machine list. Now, when I
run, part is unable to identify the machine list which was initiated in
Model swarm. Is it because the parts & machines are initiated in Model
Swarm? Can any one please help me out. Thanks a lot.

-Naga Krothapalli
Department of Industrial Engineering
Florida State University