1-D space?

From: Theodore C. Belding
Subject: 1-D space?
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 1996 15:31:27 -0500

Greetings from snowy A^2!
I'm working on two projects in Swarm.  The first one, mainly to learn
Swarm, will be a 1-D simulation of a human wave at a football stadium (this
is for a class I'm taking with Bob Axelrod).  The second one, for Axelrod,
Cohen, and Riolo's social science modeling project, will be an
implementation of Albin and Foley's trading model from economics:
Albin, P., and D. K. Foley. (1992). Decentralized, dispersed exchange
without an auctioneer: A simulation study. Journal of Economic Behavior and
Organization 18:27-51.

Anyway, for both of these models, I need a 1-dimensional space (with
wrap-around).  From the Swarm docs, it looks like only 2-D spaces have been
written so far.  I'm thinking of just deriving a 1-D space from one of the
2-D ones, and hardwiring the y-coordinate to 1, or something like that.
But before I did that, I thought I'd ask if anyone already had written a
1-D space for Swarm.  Thanks!
-Ted

--
Ted Belding                  address@hidden or address@hidden
University of Michigan          Division of Computer Science and Engineering