local variables and gdb

From: John Carnahan
Subject: local variables and gdb
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 15:00:04 -0800 (PST)

To all,

I am having a problem with some local variables within a method. At the
beginning of my method I declare a whole bunch of ints and init them all
to zero. When I put go into the method with gdb and try to look at the
variables (using p or display) I get answers to most but consistently,
for a few, I get --No symbol "fooIndex" in current context.--.  I tried
just changing the name of that variable but to no avail - so it probably
is not some kind of name conflict. When I declared that variable as a
static int, however, then everything worked fine. I thought I'd ask about
this to see if anyone else had a similar problem before before trying
usenet.

Thanks,

John Carnahan
--Graduate Student. Dept. of Biology UCLA       --
--(310) 206-4079                                --