Re: raster and aspect ratio

From: Nelson Minar
Subject: Re: raster and aspect ratio
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 96 13:39:03 MST

[first, a general comment. Adding features like this are the *perfect*
opportunity for people to subclass Swarm library objects. Some people
out there are doing this now for their own work. I regret that I
haven't had time to look at what's been done, to see if there are new
generally useful classes and/or whether new features should be added
in to the existing classes.]

>I cannot do this by just checking if they are in the same
>location in the simworld since even if they are not it may translate to the
>same point in the display window.

Could you change the draw code so that before it draws a mosquito
("skeeter", in Texas terminology) it first does the transform, then
checks for a collision, then doesn't draw the mosquito if it collides
with the hut?

>Another alternative would be to hold the hut positions on
>the display as sacred and not let the mosquitoes draw over them but this
>would entail modifying the Raster.m code.

This would be something like a specialized hut-and-mosquito drawing
class. Not such a bad idea, really, and it fits in with some of my
newest code that has an object that does nothing but draw agents on
Raster widgets.