Re: mousetrap; tee; globalTkInterp eval: naive-use

From: jmerelo
Subject: Re: mousetrap; tee; globalTkInterp eval: naive-use
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 1995 10:07:44 UTC+0200

Hi, Rick

    Rick> Two that were problems before seem to be working: heatbugs
    Rick> gives me red diffusion, and unhappiness falls.  (I wrote my
    Rick> own rint and linked it in.)  markets graphs are ok now, too:

Are you sure rint is not anywhere on your system? And what about floor
in its different incarnations? Rint definition is both in SGI
(SystemV-ish) and Suns (bsd-ish). It's not in Borland's,
however. Floor is in all of them. Trouble might lay on the definition,
which should be

double rint(double x);

    Rick> the output doesn't print on screen or file, either.  Anyone
    Rick> know what's going on?

Does that happen with all your programs, or just with Swarm?

    Rick> I got the widget name, and hoped I could just tell the
    Rick> Tkinterp to change the bg.  I get the widget name, but the
    Rick> bkground doesn't change.  I then tried the two last lines

Raster is not a Tcl/Tk object, but rather an X object. Which gives a
non-consistent behavior for widgets, but that's how it is. Maybe a
function for changing it's color could be OK?

    Rick> you see above just to see what would happen (this is all in
    Rick> my main.m, in a place analogous to similar codes in
    Rick> heatbugs, say.)  by little green Hi button doesn't appear.

Once again, a raster is not a tcl/tk object.

    Rick> Can anyone tell me why what I am trying is silly?

It's not, it's just that X and Tcl/TK objects are not as seamlessly
integrated as they should.

    Rick> thanks for ideas/solutions/suggestions.

Well, there is a canvas object made by me somewhere, which has not
been integrated yet. In the future, it could do some things like that:
a basic drawing raster, plus buttons and whatnots.

                                JJ