swarm-modeling

Re: skewed randoms

From: Doug Donalson
Subject: Re: skewed randoms
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 14:39:56 -0800

That book on simulation with all the distributions has a bit on how to trim
a Gaussian I think.  Basically, you divide each ramdom draw by the
percentage you trimmed off the distribution.  This allows the total area to
continue to be equal to one.  WARNING:  This was off the top of my head from
along time ago.  The basic idea is fine, but the details may not be correct.

Cheers,

   D3